COLOMB, OH – The The Maryland volleyball team (13-3, 1-3) fell to the # 8 Ohio State Buckeyes (12-2, 2-2) in a sweep Saturday night at Columbus, 25 -21, 25-18, 25- 19 ..
Despite a relentless effort and only a 17 total points differential, the Terps fell to the Buckeyes, eighth, in three sets. After Ohio State took the lead in the first set, the Terps rallied to force a close finish, but couldn’t finish the rally. The second and third sets were back and forth before the Buckeyes pulled away towards the end of the two sets.
- outside hitter Sam CsirÃ© returned to her home country on Saturday with dozens of family and friends from nearby Strongsville, Ohio.
- The sophomore totaled nine kills out of 37 total kills on Saturday night in Columbus.
- She continues to lead the team in kills, now with 190 this season.
- outside hitter Lexi Kohut saw his longest playing time of the season and his Terps career on Saturday.
- Kohut had his first kill as Terp in the first set before ending the night with four kills in 14 attempts.
- Last summer Kohut came to College Park for an internship with the Academic Services Department before joining Coach Hughes’ team for one final season.
– TERPS –