“Less than two-thirds of students complete their undergraduate degree within six years, a situation that can lead to additional costs and stress in the short term and loss of income over time,” said Dr. Kendra Millay, Head of the Academic Advisory Team at IvyWise. “An IvyWise Academic Advisor gets to know their student on a deep level to serve as a holistic resource and advocate. Our goal is to help students be more attentive to their interests and make strategic choices throughout their journey. academically, so they are positioned for a strong start in whatever career or higher education path they choose.”
The IvyWise Academic Advising team will work with students to provide comprehensive and personalized services to:
- advise on majors/minors, review course selection and set quality goals
- help students identify extracurricular activities, study abroad programs and research opportunities
- discuss graduate school plans, including graduate school and career options
- provide support for writing and writing CVs and selecting internships
- where applicable, provide advice on prerequisites for admission to graduate programs and engage the right IvyWise Graduate School Admissions Counselors for support in the graduate admissions process
- If needed, engage IvyWise tutors for academic and test preparation support and coaching on executive functioning and study skills, and
- help students stay on track to achieve the goals they have set.
“Our services are intended to augment, not replace, the resources available at your college or university,” said Katie Burns, IvyWise Academic Advisor and College Admissions Advisor. “Think of us as an extra member of your team to help you navigate the college journey to get the most out of your experience. We’re here as another layer of your support system, an advocate for your best interests. We will help you define and build your story, providing much more face time and flexibility to help ensure your goals and experiences align.”
While direct consulting services are available to IvyWise customers, robust resources are also available to everyone through the IvyWise website, blog, Admit it! podcast and social media channels.
IvyWise is the world’s leading education consultancy, offering comprehensive services including college admissions counseling, academic advising, K-12 school placement, early college readiness , graduate admissions counseling, academic tutoring, and test preparation. IvyWise empowers students to realize their highest potential, both academically and personally. For over 24 years, IvyWise has been dedicated to helping students apply and get into the best-fit schools, where they will be happy and successful. The IvyWise team has over 300 years of collective admissions experience at schools like Yale, Princeton, Colombia, Stanford, MITand NYUto name a few, as well as nearly 100 years of experience in academic counseling roles at top independent and private schools, nearly 80 years of experience in undergraduate counseling and admissions seniors, and has worked with thousands of students.
Media Contact: Megan Zuckerman, [email protected]