At its January 10 meeting, the Bellevue Public School Board:
• Executed the annual reorganization of the Board of Directors. Scott Eby was elected Chairman of the Board. Maureen McNamara was elected vice-president. Tricia Richards was elected Secretary and Susan Brooks was elected Treasurer.
• Authorized Eby and McNamara to file applications and reports for Impact Aid, Title XVIII of PL106-398, and all other applications, reports, resolutions, contracts, real estate transactions, and federal agreements necessary for the operation of the school district, as required on behalf of of the Bellevue Public School District.
• Authorized Superintendent Rippe or his designate to act as the official representative of the Board of Education in all matters relating to local, state, and federal programs in all matters relating to local, state, and federal programs.
• Recognized the Bellevue Education Association as the exclusive and sole collective bargaining representatives for all teachers, nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists and physical therapists employed by the district for the 2023-2024 school year.
• Approved Ray Martin Co.’s bid in the amount of $248,500 to replace the HVAC units in the existing auditorium at Bellevue West High School.
The HVAC replacement was to be completed as part of the new auditorium addition. Plans to add to the current auditorium have been delayed due to rising material costs.
• All 20 Bellevue Public Schools schools have received Purple Star recognition through the Purple Star program.
The Purple Star School program is designed to help schools address the educational and socio-emotional challenges military-related children face as they transition to a new school and keep them on track to be ready for university, the job market and life.
The next regular school board meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, February 7 at the Bellevue Public Schools Welcome Center at 2600 Arboretum Drive, near the intersection of Fort Crook Road and Highway 370.
Get local news delivered to your inbox!