New Ventures Maine plans to offer tuition-free online workshops and courses for June, including self-paced, interactive online workshops designed to help people in Maine build the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to start a business, build a career and manage money.
The full course schedule, with offers for June and beyond, can be accessed at newventuresmaine.org/class-schedules.
Self-paced lessons include:
• Grow your business online: Gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to create an engaging presence and website for your small business. Made possible by Empower by GoDaddy in partnership with New Ventures Maine. Sign up anytime. Work at your own pace. Complete by August 31.
• My Next Career Move: Assess your skills, interests and experiences and match them with career options. Identify high growth employment areas, explore education and training options. Strengthen your CV for a targeted job search. Register before July 1. Work at your own pace. Complete by August 31.
Additional online courses include single and multi-session workshops:
Manage your money
• My Money Works: Wednesdays, June 1-29, 10-11 a.m. Gain the skills and confidence you need to stretch your money, pay your bills, reduce your debt, find money to save , plan your retirement and set personal financial goals with a plan to achieve greater financial stability.
• Manage your money: Thursdays, June 2 to 16, 10 to 11 a.m. Learn how to budget, repair your credit, and create a savings plan. Participate in one, two or all three workshops. June 2: Budgeting Basics; June 9: Let’s talk credit; June 16: Make your savings grow.
Build your career
• Building Confidence: Thursdays, June 2-16, 6:30-8 p.m. Whether you’re dealing with recent changes, looking for a job, starting a business, or just want to be more confident, join this course to assess your confidence and learn actionable tools to help you build your confidence and keep her strong.
• Job search workshops: Mondays, June 6 to 20, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Ready for a new job or career change? Attend one, two or three of these workshops. June 6: Job Search Strategies; June 13: CV Strategies; June 20: Interview Strategies.
• Making career choices: Tuesday, June 7, from 10 to 11 a.m. Ready for a career change, but not sure where to start? This workshop will point you in the right direction. We’ll cover what to consider when choosing a career and resources to help you succeed. (Also offered on Thursday, June 23, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
Start a business
• Introduction to self-employment: Wednesday, June 1, 6-7 pm Is self-employment the right choice for you? The course covers the pros and cons of owning your own business, the steps needed to get started, the main elements of a business plan, and resources to help you succeed.
• Grow Your Business Online — Keep My Customers: Wednesday, June 22, 6-7:30 pm Create an exceptional online sales and service experience in this website development workshop. Find out how to protect your website, your customers and your brand.
To register for any of the above courses, visit newventuresmaine.org/class-schedules or call 800-442-2092.
Memorial Day celebration planned at Dresden’s historic courthouse