Information Technology Services has scheduled the Allen Hall network upgrade for the first week of August.
Particular attention has been paid to planning the building upgrade to minimize the impact on yards and administrative work.
Due to the complexity of Allen Hall’s network infrastructure, ITS will split the building upgrade into three separate days. The floors are grouped together so that when upgrading a set of floors (like floors 3 and 4 on August 5), it will not impact network connectivity for the rest of Allen. Lobby.
Allen Hall’s tentative upgrade schedule is as follows:
- tuesday 3 august
- Floors 5 and 6 from 5.30 p.m.
- Thursday August 5
- Floors 3 and 4 from 8 a.m.
- Friday August 6
- Floors 1 and 2 from 8 a.m.
Please note the following on the day your floor needs to be upgraded during normal business hours (upgrades August 5 and 6):
- Prepare for your floor to be without network connectivity (wired and wireless) for the entire business day.
- The phones will not be available during the upgrade.
- Instructors should be prepared to deliver course material from another location if network access is required.
- Desks supported by ITS will not be functional on the day of the scheduled upgrade.
If there are extenuating circumstances that would prevent your floor from being updated on the date and / or time specified, please notify the STI Service Desk immediately at 662-325-0631 or [email protected].
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this critical network upgrade.